Thursday, August 6, 2009

We are here!

We made it to Germany (Frankfurt) yesterday around noon and decided to take a taxi instead of the train to the hotel. Who knew that a 10 year old could stay up the equivalent of all night? We were all too tired to navigate the train system as Dominic did not close his eyes once during the entire 9 1/2 hour flight. We arrived at 4:00 a.m. Denver time and no one slept all night. I have to say that for someone with no sleep, he did not fuss or whine once. What a trooper! We did take a good nap after getting into our hotel room.

We are on our way to Munich tomorrow for a relaxing weekend before getting to the clinic. Dominic seems nervous about the whole ordeal as he does not want to leave the hotel and does not want to go to Dusseldorf. I think he is worried he will get the spinal headache like Harrison did. I do not know how to reassure him about this. He has been very brave and I know he will do well.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Please send them our way on Monday and Wednesday. We will keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. My prayers are with you!!
    May God bless your son and his disabilities go away.

    Please let me know how it goes as I have a son with CP also and I would be very interested to do the same procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to the 3 Kings in Germany.
    I met Harrison at the airport this evening. He had a great big smile and looked terrific! Mom and Dad looked a bit tired! Hopefully Dominic won't have the spinal headaches, but even if he does, he's a strong boy with an amazing family that will help him get through anything. All my thoughts and prayers are with you!
    Love,
    Fran

    ReplyDelete